The address of the Alliance française in Islamabad will change in the near future. Please refer to the e-mail address and the website of Alliance française (email@example.com, http://www.afislamabad.org/).
From 01 November 2018 onwards, all documents as part of a visa file for long stay have to be legalized first. Applicants will need to submit their documents for legalization at a Visa Application Centre. Once the documents have been legalized and sent back to the VAC, the applicant will be able to submit a complete visa file for long stay with all the supporting documents.
Embassy Legalization Fees
|Document to be legalized||Embassy Fee|
|An original document||EUR 20 per document|
|A certified true copy||EUR 20 per document|
|A translation||EUR 20 per document|
VFS Service Fees
|Application Type||Visa Service Fee|
|Legalizations||EUR 5 (PKR 719) per document|
The Embassy fees above must be paid in Euros and in cash at the visa application centre.
- Documents must be presented in original version.
- Must be original Pakistani/Afghani documents attested by Pakistani/Afghani Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- No ordinary photocopies will be accepted for legalization, only CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES by the national authorities.
- Diplomas or degrees are to be attested by Ministry of Education, more specifically the HIGHER EDUCATION COMMISSION and subsequently by the Pakistani/Afghani Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Translation of the documents
- AFGHANISTAN: Original documents from Afghanistan are translated into English by the Afghan Authorities. Only a translation issued by those Authorities will be accepted.
PAKISTAN: All documents duly attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Pakistan have to be accompanied by a certified translation. Original documents from Pakistan should be translated in one of the national languages of Belgium: French and Dutch.
- Translation into French is possible in Pakistan and must be done by one of the 3 “Alliances Françaises” settled in Pakistan (Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore) (see addresses below). The original Pakistani document and its translation into French, both legalized by the Embassy, will be directly accepted by a Belgian French speaking administration.
- For the moment, no recognized institution in Pakistan offers the service for translation into Dutch. Therefore, documents to be used in a Belgian Dutch speaking administration might need to be translated a second time into Dutch once in Belgium.
- Alliance Française de Lahore
155, Scotch Corner, street 3, Upper Mall, Lahore
Tel: 042-3587 43 01- 3
Mob : +92 301 1014889
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Alliance Française de Karachi
Plot St1, Block 8, Scheme 5, Clifton Karachi
Tel: 021-3587 34 02
Fax: 021-3587 43 02
- Alliance Française d’Islamabad
House 9, Street 49, F6/4
Tel: 051-282 52 18 > 9